If you’re planning a visit to the Smoky Mountains, you are in for a treat! The Smoky Mountains are one of the most beautiful and stunning places to visit in the United States. From breathtaking views and sunsets, to plenty of outdoor activities and unique attractions, the Smoky Mountains have something for everyone. Whether you’re an outdoors enthusiast looking for a fun adventure or a family looking for a beautiful getaway, here are some of the top things to do in the Smoky Mountains:
1. Hiking: The Great Smoky Mountains have miles and miles of trails perfect for all experience levels, from easy strolls to strenuous climbs. The most popular trail is Clingman’s Dome, which offers some of the most awe-inspiring views of the surrounding peaks. Other popular trails include the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, which passes through a series of incredible waterfalls, and The Chimney Tops Trail, which boasts spectacular panoramic views of the Smokies.
2. White Water Rafting: The Pigeon River offers wet and wild fun for all levels of adventurers! Choose from relaxing float trips or more daring rapids, perfect for those looking to get an adrenaline fix.
3. Fishing: Fishing is one of the favorite activities in the Smoky Mountains. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, you’ll find plenty of trout and bass to catch in the rivers and streams. Fishing is also allowed in the deeper parts of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, so make sure to explore all of your options!
4. Camping: With over 800 miles of campsites, the Smoky Mountains offer a variety of camping experiences. Whether you’re looking for secluded primitive sites or more developed campgrounds, there’s something for everyone! There are also plenty of activities to keep you busy during your stay, so you can make some great memories with your family or friends during your camping trip.
5. Sightseeing: The Smoky Mountains offer some of the most stunning views in the United States. This is the place to take a drive and take in the stunning mountain views. One of the most breathtaking scenic drives is the Newfound Gap Road, which takes you through lush forests and over some of the tallest peaks in the region.
From hiking to white-water rafting to camping and sight seeing, the Smoky Mountains have a little of everything.